PR & Content Manager
Posted: October 20, 2020
Reports to: Media & Marketing Director
Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000
The Public Relations/Content Manager is responsible for media and community relations activities and outreach efforts. This position is also responsible for collaboratively developing editorial content for Visit Clarksville publications and website and managing Visit Clarksville’s website database (CRM.)
PUBLIC & COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Seek placements in local, regional, and national print, broadcast and online media.
- Represent Visit Clarksville at media events and tradeshows.
- Maintain database of media contacts.
- Manage travel writer tours and visits.
- Manage media inquiries, interview requests, and public speaking opportunities, along with the Executive Director and Media & Marketing Director.
- Track and report monthly earned media value.
- Maintain Visit Clarksville news and information on various media platforms and TN Dept. of Tourism Development website.
- Communicate events and other leisure information to the community via contributed articles, radio interviews, email communications and website content.
- Stay abreast of public relations travel and tourism trends, tools, and opportunities.
WEBSITE & EMAIL MAIL MARKETING
- Maintain the Visit Clarksville CRM database and event calendar; assist with maintenance of website CMS and development of new content.
- Develop email newsletters to consumer audiences.
MARKETING & CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- Collaborate with the Media & Market Director, Executive Director, and Visit Clarksville Staff on various marketing efforts and events.
- Assist with researching and writing blog and sponsored content as needed.
- Assist with asset management, including owned, produced and user-generated photography, video and editorial and advertorial content.
- Serve as backup administrator for Visit Clarksville social media channels, as needed.
- Promote goodwill toward Visit Clarksville among the community and tourism partners.
- Maintain monthly public relations reports.
- Attend industry conferences, tradeshows and community events as assigned.
- Assist with writing, proofing, editing and updated annual Travel Planner and other publications and digital content.
- Provide support to the Visit Clarksville Executive Director and Staff as requested.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- AP style writing
- Storytelling and Blog-style writing
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Social Media management
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic HTML and/or website content management systems
- Work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Multi-task oriented
- Ability to proactively meet deadlines
- Basic graphic design, photography/video and photo editing skills (Adobe Creative Suite) are a plus.
- College degree in related field preferred, comparable professional experience considered.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related experience, preferably in the tourism industry.
Email a cover letter, resume, and writing samples (or portfolio link) to firstname.lastname@example.org.