Posted March 11, 2022
Job Title: Content/PR Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt*
Reports to: Marketing & Media Director, Visit Clarksville
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
The Content/PR Manager is responsible for working in collaboration with the Marketing & Media Director for the development and distribution of on-brand written and visual content to promote Clarksville, TN as a travel destination and support all marketing and public relations initiatives.
- Support strong and positive media relations on behalf of Visit Clarksville.
- Help manage media inquiries, in-market writer and blogger visits, interview requests, and public speaking opportunities.
- Maintain Visit Clarksville news and information on various media platforms and TN Dept. of Tourism Development website.
- Communicate events and other leisure information to the community via contributed articles, radio interviews, email communications, video and website content.
- Stay abreast of public relations travel and tourism trends, tools, and opportunities.
Marketing & Content
- Collaborate with the Media & Marketing Director, Vice President, and Visit Clarksville Staff on various marketing efforts and events.
- Regularly create, curate and manage video content for social distribution, blogs, website, etc.
- Manage the organization and production of all visual assets, including owned, produced and user-generated photography and video.
- Coordinate professional video production.
- Assist with the development of blog and sponsored content (advertorial).
- Serve as backup administrator for all Visit Clarksville social media channels.
Website & Email Marketing
- Assist with maintenance of website CMS, DMS and development of new content.
- Assist with the development of email newsletters to consumer audiences.
- Promote goodwill toward Visit Clarksville among the community and tourism partners.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of travel partners, events, stories, personalities and the important issues with the local and national media impacting tourism.
- Proofread materials.
- Attend industry conferences, tradeshows and community events as assigned.
- Assist with writing, proofing, and developing content for the annual Travel Planner and other publications and digital media.
- Provide support to the Visit Clarksville Vice President and Staff as requested.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Experience with all types of writing assignments.
- Working knowledge of photography and video and all types of video equipment and software, both phone and desktop.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be a strategic thinker and a proven self-starter able to support achievement of organizational goals.
- Must work effectively independently and with a team
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Multi-task oriented
- Ability to proactively meet deadlines
- Social media management experience is beneficial.
- Basic HTML is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related field.
- Preferred 2-3 years of work in the field of communications or marketing.
- This employee may experience long periods of sitting or standing. The employee will be required to work both inside and outside an office setting, perform evening and weekend work, attend special programs and events, and travel. This work may involve public appearances.
Email a cover letter, resume, related writing and video samples (or links) to email@example.com.
*Exempt employees are not subject to wage and hour laws and therefore not compensated for overtime hours.