St. John Missionary Baptist Church
North 7th Street & Main Street, Clarksville, TN 37040
St. John Missionary Baptist Church was founded by the Tennessee Freedman's Bureau in 1866 on the corner of Ford and St. John Street in a small house with a small congregation of formerly enslaved persons. The church was relocated to the corner of Seventh and Main in 1877. Reverend Wilbur N. Daniel, the congregation's 16th pastor, became the first African American graduate of Austin Peay State College, earning a master's degree in 1957.
A Tennessee Historical Commission marker is located close to Seventh and Main Streets. The current church building is located at 1833 Tiny Town Road.