Last Train to Clarksville Mural
136 Commerce Street, Clarksville, TN 37040
Artist: Rick Cavaness
Opened in 1890, the L&N Train Station was once one of the busiest locations in Clarksville, with soldiers and civilians arriving and departing daily. The L&N stopped passenger service on February 28, 1968, and the Tennessee Central Line sent its last passenger train through on August 31 of that year.
The mural features an oncoming train with the words “The Last Train to Clarksville” written overhead. Take note of the numbers “0831" and "1968” on the top of the train. This represents August 31, 1968, the day the last passenger train came through Clarksville.
The mural is beside 136 Commerce Street (Cats on Commerce) on the foundation of what is now the Upland Trail overpass.