Bethel Meeting House
3180 Fort Campbell Boulevard, Clarksville, TN 37042
In 1812, pioneer preachers Peter Cartwright, Henry B. Bascom, and Thomas A. Morris preached to area settlers in a log structure at this site. Legend has it that the Bell Witch attended a service here, and at a meeting later that night quoted the sermon verbatim to prove that it had been at the service. Revolutionary War veteran Maj. Manoah Bostick deeded title to the trustees in 1834. The slave-built brick sanctuary still stands.